PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT




DELIVERANCE BY PRAYING IN TONGUES

2 occasions when tongues proved effective in a deliverance from suffering

DELIVERANCE FROM A DOG ATTACK

Firstly, German shepherd attack in Inverness – I felt compelled to begin began praying in tongues as I went door to door in Inverness distributing leaflets as to our upcoming crusade in the town hall. Immediately the tongues began fervent and I wondered what that was about as prayed quietly but powerfully flowed out from me in the Spirit. 

Within moments I was entering the gate of a garden with a high hedge and long unkempt grass. I had no sooner closed the gate and began up the path when a large and very aggressive German shepherd dog rushed out of the grass and leapt up with mouth wide and teeth bared towards my throat.  

It was as if he bit and snapped into thin air but now it had its front paws on my shoulders and kept leaping forward trying to bite my face. When he couldn’t latch on to face or throat, he began biting my upper chest. I saw his teeth grab a large chunk of flesh and simply slid off only for him to try again. Other than his weight against me I felt nothing, no bite, no pain. Instead the same wonderful peace prevailed that I’d enjoyed whilst praying in tongues before entering the garden. This all occurred within moments. 

The dog, eventually frustrated and appearing confused backed off, did the sideways head thing that dogs do when they don’t know what’s going on then sauntered off to lie down again in the long grass. I delivered my flyer through the letter box and went on my way rejoicing. 

This was no mere coincidence, this was a demonic reaction to a Christian outreach that had not occurred in the city of Inverness for who knows how many years, perhaps decades as locals told us, before we got there? My shirt was wet with the dog’s saliva but no tearing, no bites and no marks on my chest where his teeth actually connected. Praise the Lord. That outreach became a church plant, many churches & fellowships grew out of that work.


DELIVERANCE FROM BOILING WATER

On another occasion, I with a group of brothers were working on remodelling the church hall. There were about seven of us and we stopped for a tea break. For some reason the brother making the tea distributed to every man a cup with a tea bag. He then filled a “Glass Bottle” with boiling water from the large urn in the back room and came through to pour from the bottle in to our cups. 

Just prior to his coming through as I sat there, I strongly felt urged to pray to myself & the Lord in tongues, which I did so, quietly though fervently. Everyone else was chatting amongst themselves and no one seemed to notice that I was otherwise engaged. As scripture states, all administration of the Holy Spirit through the Gifts of the Spirit are occasions under control NEVER out of control. The Spirit works with us and through us for Christ’s glory, never against our will in robotic like fashion. That’s the modus operandi of demons.

Often when Spirit filled believers pray in tongues it’s from our own energy, which is effective none the less. But at other times the prayer is quickened by the Holy Spirit and the tongues flows in a torrent like a river. Just as Christ told us in John 7:37

John 7:38
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly
shall flow rivers of living water.

When the tea man arrived and I noticed he was pouring boiling water from a glass bottle, I thought to myself that’s not a good idea, I was about the 4th to have my cup filled. I was still praying quietly when the bottle exploded over my hand and legs. They cried out, everyone began jumping about. I continued sitting, with a remarkable calm and zero pain other than being a tad wet. The prayer was gone, a sweet peace remained and no harm was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment